apex PROaupair is a cultural exchange program with strong US & German roots. We are looking to add a part time Local Support person as Area Director to our team. You will support host families and professional care professionals from Germany in Sydney to adjust to the cultural differences and also potentially throughout Australia in person or via skype.
As a local Area Director, you will work with host families and childcare professionals to provide program support as well as reaching out in your community to educate, market and grow the program. This is the perfect position for people who have a passion for helping German Care Professionals with degrees in Therapy Assistance, Nursing & Teaching and to support families, are interested in cultural exchange and making a difference.
apex PROaupair offers compensation based on service and marketing of the program. This is an independent contractor position that affords flexible hours and a work-from-home opportunity with unlimited growth.
- Love for supporting and helping young people to adjust to Australia life quickly
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Proficient at using new technology and social media
- Strong interest in helping families with and without special needs children
- Promotional and sales skills a plus
- Must have a phone, car, computer, and high-speed Internet
- German speaking beneficial
- Legally allowed to work in Australia
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Make our program participants feel welcome and part of the apex Family
- Conduct an in-home screening interview with each new family
- Place a welcome call to the host family and childcare professional within 48 hours of the childcare professional’s arrival
- Conduct an in-home orientation within 2 weeks of the childcare professional’s arrival into the home
- Introduce the childcare professional to her new community by providing helpful resources and support
- Contact all host families and professional childcare professionals by telephone once a month and submit a monthly report
- Create and facilitate monthly meetings with apex PROaupair participants
- Serve as a helpful resource to your host families and professional childcare professionals
- Assist with problem-solving as needed
- apex PROaupair is growing and there are many opportunities for supporting via grassroots marketing
If you feel like this sounds like you, please review our program, our youtube channel and submit your online application here:
Please email [email protected] a cover letter addressing the skill requirements along with a one-page résumé.