PROaupair directly sources all of its professional au pair from well-respected European schools and vocational training programs. Our application and detailed vetting process ensures that only high quality au pair candidates are accepted into the program.
PROaupair’s application and screening process includes:
- Detailed application with personal and professional history
- Pictures (and optional video)
- Childcare experience and number of hours accumulated
- Criminal background check
- Physical exam and medical history
- Professional references that are verified by PROaupair
- Personal references that are verified by PROaupair
- Proof of education and degree (also verified by PROaupair)
- PROaupair personal interview
- English language assessment
- Personality test using the Dr. Hartman Personality Assessment (“The Colour Code”)
PROaupair works directly with a large network of European universities, vocational training schools, and hospitals to source candidates for our professional au pair program. We also receive referrals from respected organisations such as the German Red Cross. Host families are provided detailed information about our professional au pairs, including their training, experience and skills, so they have a complete understanding of their background and credentials to care for children.