- How long does it take to match with an childcare professional?
PROaupair has a steady supply of childcare professionals available for interviews. Matching time varies – it can be as little as a few days or a few weeks depending upon factors such as the family’s specific needs, start date and expertise required.
- How soon can a childcare professional arrive in Australia?
Once a family matches, a childcare professional can typically arrive in as little as one month.
- What is the difference between a childcare professional and a domestic nanny?
PROaupair’s childcare professionals are, live-in therapy assistants or experienced childcare workers. Both are private and provide in-home care. However, childcare professionals on our professional exchange program offer many benefits as they provide live-in care, unlike domestic nannies, are qualified professionals with particular childcare expertise, cost the same regardless of how many children in the family, and are more cost effective than local nannies.
- Does PROaupair have male childcare professionals?
Male caregivers are an excellent option for some families and PROaupair offers families the choice of both female and male childcare professionals.
- How long can a childcare professional stay with a family in Australia?
Childcare professionals can stay in Australia for one year.
- Will I need to pay taxes for my childcare professional?
PROaupair recommends you speak with your tax advisor regarding your tax obligations.
- Do childcare professionals drive?
Most of our childcare professionals drive, which is one of the benefits of the program. Childcare professionals have a driver’s licence from their home country and come to Australia with an international driver’s permit. Host families are required to secure car insurance for their childcare professionals and help them become accustomed to driving in Australia.
- Do childcare professionals pay to participate in the program?
Yes, childcare professionals pay a program fee. The program fee covers major expenditures and is earned back after a couple of months on the program. Our childcare professionals see the fee as an investment in their careers.
- Does PROaupair provide local support?
Yes. PROaupair’s program director and area directors conduct monthly check-ins with host families and childcare professionals and are always available to address questions and concerns.
- What if there is an emergency?
PROaupair offers a 24/7-support line in the event of an accident or other situation involving the health, safety or welfare of a childcare professional. Call 1800 854 262 to speak with a PROaupair staff member who can provide guidance or assistance.
Additional questions? Please contact PROaupair at 1800 854 262.