PROaupair screens for host families that, in addition to seeking childcare, will treat their au pair like a family member and include her/him in family activities. We believe both families and au pairs benefit from a safe and supportive environment that reinforces intercultural understanding and exchange.
In order to participate in one of PROaupair’s childcare programs all host families must meet the following criteria:
- Have at least one child between the ages of 3 months and 17 years
- Participate in a family interview with PROaupair
- Provide two references
- Provide Police Check certification
- Have the financial resources to pay for expenses associated with hosting an au pair
- Be available for monthly follow up calls/visits from a PROaupair staff person
Host families agree to provide their professional au pair with the following:
- A comfortable, private bedroom, meals and access to a bathroom
- A weekly living allowance of $300 per week
- Car insurance coverage (if the au pair will be driving)
- Four weeks of paid leave during the 12 month engagement
- One full weekend off per month and 1.5 days off per week
- No more than 10 hours of childcare per day and no more than 45 hours of childcare per week
To learn more about program regulations, please contact PROaupair at 1800 854 262.